Friday, April 9, 2010

What have I gotten myself into?

Well, once again I haven not completed Project Fisher and now I have a new project. I've always said I wanted a 4x4 vehicle, even said I wanted something I could fix up... Enter the XJ. For the Jeeping uninitiated that's a Jeep Cherokee. Mine is a 1996 to be precise. Had it for a week or so now, and am trying to begin maintenance on in in preparations for a lift/tires. So expect some activity on the blog again, this time Jeep related...


Well start out with a pic and a roadmap of what is to come.

From 1996 Jeep Cherokee

  • Fluid/Filter change for transmission/transfer case
  • Fix rear output seal leak on transfer case
  • Fix oil filter mount fix
  • Delete remaining side moulding/clean off glue
  • 4.5" Zone Offroad Lift
  • 31" Trxus MT tires
  • 15x8 Cragar Soft 8 wheels
  • "Fix" peeling/hazy clearcoat
  • Coverking Neosupreme Seat Covers
That's definitely enough of a start. So far with trying to divide my evening time with other responsibilities I've only managed to get halfway done with the transmission service and finally got the transfer case seal in last night. I think I'll save that saga for it's own post.

Hopefully this weekend I can make some good progress on the leaks and be ready to progress from there...

No comments:

Post a Comment